Our experts in the field advise on all aspects of M&A, securities law, company law, trust and foundations law and contract law. We advise Danish and multinational companies and private equity funds on acquisitions, mergers, disposals, corporate restructurings, management buy-outs and compliance. We have acted as advisers in a vast number of transactions within many different sectors of business. We advise across a broad spectrum of transactional and corporate matters, including a large number of the most comprehensive and complex transactions completed in Denmark. Likewise, we advise on a broad range of contractual matters, for instance joint ventures, commercial contracts, shareholders’ agreements, articles of association and incentive schemes.
About our services
Our team of corporate lawyers provides fully integrated advice in concert with the firm’s other practice groups thereby ensuring cutting-edge coverage of all legal areas with short notice.
For many years, we have been working closely with other Danish and foreign advisers, including financial advisers, accountants as well as environmental and insurance advisers. We act in close cooperation with leading M&A lawyers all over the world, and we have decades of experience organising and controlling Danish clients’ acquisitions and disposals of companies outside of Denmark.
Meet the team
Merger & Acquisitions
For many years, we have acted on a wide variety of the largest and most complex corporate transactions in Denmark. We provide advice on:
- M&A transactions
- Takeover bids for listed companies
- Corporate mergers, divisions and restructurings
- Private placements, venture investments, joint ventures, management buy-outs and privatizations.
Our advice is based on vast practical experience and profound expertise. Our services span across all transactional and restructuring elements:
- The planning phase
- Establishing the transaction structure
- Conducting due diligence
- Drafting documents
- Conducting negotiations
- Arranging for financing and implementation of the transaction.
Our team of specialists have in-depth knowledge and practical experience handling foundations and company law matters. Our areas of work include:
- Company formation, including choice of corporate form
- Restructuring of Danish and international companies
- Governance, shareholder issues, including shareholders’ agreements
- All kinds of corporate matters, e.g. capital changes, management issues, employee share schemes, treasury shares, dividends and shareholder loans
- Preparation of general meetings and chairing general meetings
- Assisting in the procurement of capital and, in cooperation with the Private Equity Group, establishing venture and private equity foundations/companies.
Our team has extensive experience advising on national and international commercial contractual issues of any kind, including the conclusion, negotiation and interpretation of for instance:
- Cooperation agreements
- Agency and distribution agreements
- Production agreements
- Development and license agreements
- Standard terms.
Our extensive expertise also encompasses advising on the structuring, establishment and completion of joint ventures, consortia, turn-key projects as well as other national and international cooperation of a legal nature.
“Great experience and commercial understanding. Thorough understanding of applicable rules. Always accessible and seeking to find viable solutions.”
Legal 500, 2022
“They do everything to get you through the stressful periods any M&A can bring forth, and do so successfully.”
Chambers Europe, 2022
“Extremely high-quality advice and committed attention and availability.”