Our group specialises in preventing and handling disputes and we can therefore assist our business clients in three significant areas:
- We have knowledge of and can minimise risks of future disputes.
- We offer efficient management of disputes in long-term cooperations.
- We offer the best counsel when a dispute is to be settled before a court or an arbitration tribunal.
Our experts are characterised by being sharp communicators, mastering complex issues and being able to conduct legal analyses at the highest level – skills that are required in dealing with courts and arbitration tribunals.
We were the first large law firm in Denmark to establish a dispute resolution group. Since then we have acquired great experience and expertise in handling complex business law cases before the country’s highest courts as well as before national and international arbitration tribunals. Also, we have extensive experience acting as chairmen and arbitrators before Danish and international arbitration tribunals.
Our experience from complex cases benefits our clients in that it enables us to understand and cooperate with commercial and technical experts and to communicate commercial and technical information to the courts and arbitration tribunals.
Our experience from complex and prolonged dispute proceedings also provides an understanding of possibilities and pitfalls in dispute resolution, which is of great importance in respect of choosing appropriate process strategies.
Our experts are entitled to plead before the Danish Supreme Court for parties that have been granted free legal aid and to act as court-appointed counsel for the defence.
Meet the team
We advise on
We specialise in assisting clients within all aspects of legal dispute resolution, including:
- Proceedings before the Danish courts
- National and international arbitration cases before recognised arbitration institutes as well as in ad-hoc contexts
- Cases before the Building and Construction Arbitration Board and other boards and tribunals
- Cases before the European Court of Justice
- Dispute settlement and advice concerning dispute resolution, including preservation and taking of evidence, nationally and abroad
- Mediation and other structured settlement negotiations
- Criminal proceedings, including free legal aid cases.
We particularly focus on business law cases before the country’s highest courts and before national and international arbitration tribunals in respect of e.g. disputes concerning works contract issues, breach of contract, corporate law/M&A as well as banking and finance law issues, professional consultants’ liability, liablility in damages and infringement cases and other rights cases.
“Very professional, always accessible and deep knowledge of the client’s sector and a personal touch, making you feel as if you are the most important client!”
Legal 500, 2022
“Superb team handling complex litigation and arbitration at both national and international levels.”
Chambers Global, 2021
“Gorrissen Federspiel is well-regarded in the Danish market and handles a number of key dispute resolution matters.”
Benchmark Litigation, 2021