Our dedicated Defence & Security team holds the knowledge, skills and experience required to meet the legal and commercial needs of businesses and institutions operating within the Defence & Security sector – including procurement processes, defence contracting, export controls and investigations – as well as more general needs relating to intellectual property, financing, joint ventures and M&A.
We represent, among others, financial institutions, aircraft manufacturers, satellite companies, technology and defence consulting companies, and developers of security information and communications systems both in Denmark and abroad, as well as the companies that invest in this sector.
Our team is composed of partners and attorneys with considerable knowledge of and experience within the Defence & Security sector. These experts are hand-picked from various practice groups to secure a team equipped to provide necessary specialist advice to our clients.
Several of the team members have many years of experience in the central administration, including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Justice and the Prime Minister’s Office.
Our team has a deep understanding of public regulation and an extensive practical experience of handling cases at the intersection of public and private law, including regulatory reviews and investigations.
Recognised for our industry focus, we closely follow market and legal developments to provide our clients with updated and unique market insights.
Meet the team
We advise on
Our Defence & Security team provides advice across the value chain.
- M&A transactions involving companies or assets within the defence & security sector.
- Establishment of consortiums, partnerships and joint ventures.
- Acting for prime contractors, consortium members and SPVs on DALO procurements and major programmes for complex mission critical assets.
- Corporate compliance, sanctions, export controls, investigations, permits and issues relating to the rules of foreign direct investment.
- National and EU procurement processes, public tenders and merger control.
- IT and outsourcing, including drafting of facility management outsourcing agreements within the defence & security sector.
- Advice to defence technology suppliers and manufacturers on development and maintenance agreements.
- Advice to defence contractors, developers and manufacturers on IP protection, exploitation and litigation.
- Financing of defence companies and programmes.
- Drafting of logistics agreements within the defence & security sector.
- Shipping and aviation.
- Requests concerning Greenland Desk.
- Assisting a private consortium with the participation in a Front End Engineering Project regarding the design and supply of a new patrol vessel fleet to the Danish Ministry of Defence.
- Advising a major US technology and defence manufacturer with the participation in a public tender from the Danish Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organisation.
- Assisting a major Israelic defence conglomerate with the investment in a Danish defence manufacturer.
- Assisting a major Danish tracking antenna system manufacturer with advice on export controls.
- Assisting technology providers and manufacturers with development and operation contracts.
- Assisting NATO bodies with handling of IT system development contracts.
- Assisting the Ministry of Defence with procurement of IT outsourced services.
- Assistance to a major Danish defence and aerospace manufacturer with the asset-based acquisition of certain satellite testing business from a listed multinational aerospace company.
- Advice to various national and international defense and aerospace companies on sourcing, supply and co-development of various equipment and systems within the defense sector, including entering into joint ventures, consortiums etc.
- Assisting leading Danish manufacturer of defence equipment with the establishment of a full compliance program relating to export controls, including risk assessments.