Gorrissen Federspiel has established a sound knowledge of the special circumstances – both regulatory and commercial – that apply to business enterprises in Greenland.
Our clients have different nationalities and cover a wide range of activities in Greenland, and thus they require advice within a broad spectrum of commercially related issues, both inbound and outbound. Greenland Desk gathers and coordinates the firm’s knowledge of Greenland and Greenlandic conditions and ensures that this is reflected in our legal counselling. Our clients include several enterprises owned by the Home Rule, privately owned enterprises inside and outside Greenland as well as the Home Rule.
Meet the team
We advise on
- Regulatory and contractual issues within the raw material and oil sector, including issues relating to licenses and concessions
- Regulatory and contractual issues within the telecommunications, aviation and energy sectors
- Issues concerning public and administrative law
- Large building/construction projects
- Business transfers
- Competition law issues, including merger announcements and representation before the Greenland Competition Authority and the Greenlandic courts
- Procurement law issues, including preparation of regulation for special areas and submission of tenders for the Home rule’s invitations to tender
- Corporate law issues, including concerning directors’ liability
- Employment law issues, including work environment issues in relation to large scale projects.