Representing both issuers, underwriters and other market participants as well as investors and management, Gorrissen Federspiel enjoys a premier standing in advising on all capital markets matters including IPOs, take-overs and equity and debt issues.
We have represented virtually all of the leading underwriters and majority of the Danish issuers – financial institutions as well as Danish corporates – on many of the most significant equity and debt offerings in Danish history and has participated in the vast majority of all larger IPOs in the past decade.
Moreover, the firm is involved as Danish counsel in respect of the majority of the Danish issuers having an EMTN or other international debt programme and regularly assist Danish mortgage credit institutions on bond issues that are not part of their day-to-day issuance.
Our capital markets team works closely with colleagues throughout the firm, which enables the team to advise clients in connection with any issue that may arise. Many of our transactions involve cross-border elements and we work closely on these with leading international and local counsels.
About our services
Our experience and knowledge reinforces our market expertise and creates great value and efficiency. We are able to offer insightful and tailor-made advice for the needs of our clients coupled with efficient project management.
We are in the forefront of developments in securities laws. Our extensive and continuous experience advising clients on capital markets matters gives us up-to-the-minute knowledge of market and regulatory developments in the Danish market and other markets in which our clients operate. Our extensive experience with the Danish FSA and Nasdaq Copenhagen provides clear insight into regulatory considerations in all capital markets matters.
Meet the team
We advise on
We advise on the full range of capital markets transactions and matters and debt and equity products, including:
- initial public offerings (IPOs) and follow-on equity offerings
- rights issues
- private placements
- verification processes
- bonus share issues
- american depositary receipts (ADR) programmes
- takeover offers
- mergers and exchange offers
- bond issues including covered bonds and hybrid bonds
- high yield debt and bridge financings
- equity-linked securities, including convertible and exchangeable securities offerings
- european medium term note programs (EMTN) and other international debt programmes
- debt issuance programmes and securitization
- securities and financial regulatory experience
- stock exchange listings
We moreover advise on all legal matters relevant for publicly traded companies and their investors, including:
- corporate governance
- incentive programmes
- disclosure obligations
- shareholder notifications
- reporting requirements
- market abuse incl. restrictions on insider trading and disclosure of inside information
- general meetings of shareholders
- central securities depository (CSD) matters
- regulatory matters
“Outstanding quality and availability. The firm has some of the best lawyers in the country.”
Legal 500, 2020
“Works with an impressive roster of international and domestic companies.”
Chambers Globalm, 2021
“Very structured, highly knowledgeable, strong track-record, provides views and regularly keeps client updated with relevant information.”