Gorrissen Federspiel has advised Danish and foreign clients in the insurance and reinsurance sector since the 1890s.
Our insurance team members cover the full spectrum of insurance issues, for instance:
- They are/have been members of the boards of directors of Danish insurance companies.
- They advise the management and claims managers in a number of leading insurance companies.
- They bring a wealth of experience conducting litigation and arbitration within international reinsurance.
- They handle general or specific insurance law issues and cases on an ongoing basis.
- They frequently act as arbitrators in disputes concerning insurance and reinsurance matters.
- They render ongoing advice to both national and international insurance companies about conducting insurance business both in Denmark and cross-border into Denmark.
Our team handles a large and ever increasing portfolio of international insurance cases. This portfolio has been founded through many years’ experience and involvement in international legal issues, our extensive international network and our lawyers’ professional training in this area.
We have close personal contacts to leading law firms in all major jurisdictions, and we invest time, effort and resources ensuring to maintain these close contacts, for instance through exchange programmes with some of the largest law firms in London and New York.
About our services
We offer advice and act in close cooperation with a number of Danish and foreign insurance and reinsurance companies as well as with numerous insurance brokers and insurance agents.
We have close professional relations to this business and its actors. It is our vision to continue offering the best legal advice in this area and to be able to provide swift assistance in complex Danish and international insurance cases involving foreign law firms.
Our Insurance & Reinsurance team offers legal advice and assistance on all kinds of insurance law matters and rules.
Meet the team
We advise on
- Handling litigation and arbitration
- Danish and EU law regulatory issues concerning the operation of an insurance business and offering of insurance services
- Establishment, conversion, merger or demerger of insurance companies and transfer of insurance portfolios.
“The team was always responsive and ready to deliver a bit more. One of the partners was always involved and the quality was guaranteed. Even in times of personnel changes, the quality was consistent.”
Legal 500, 2020