Our team consists of attorneys with vast practical experience and wide expertise in the M&A market and FDI processes.
FDI rules regulate foreign direct investments. Many countries have national screening mechanisms which require transactions to undergo screening before they can be completed. In Denmark, foreign investors must notify or apply for authorisation of investments and certain special financial agreements. This applies to investments and agreements in particularly sensitive sectors, including critical infrastructure, IT security and critical technology.
The increasing and more complex regulation of foreign direct investments creates uncertainty and possible obstacles in relation to cross-border M&A processes, and it is important that this is considered when planning and executing transactions.
Meet the team
- Strategic advice, planning and project management of investments and agreements that may be subject to FDI regulation.
- Assessment of obligation to notify in Denmark and internationally.
- Preparation of pre-screening requests and voluntary notifications to the Danish Business Authority.
- Preparation of mandatory applications to the Danish Business Authority, project management of the application process and preparation and negotiation of any commitments.
- Preparation and project management of FDI processes in other jurisdictions.